By Danforth Prince, Darwin Porter
Thoroughly up to date each year (unlike lots of the competition), Frommer's Spain beneficial properties lovely full-color pictures of every little thing from the Balearic seashores to the cosmopolitan capitals. Our authors will consultant you thru the 17 semi-autonomous areas of Spain, stating the simplest eating places, inns, nightlife, and sights alongside the best way.
you are going to additionally go back and forth Spain like a professional with our candid recommendation and in-depth background of the tradition. integrated are exact local and city maps, updated suggestion on discovering the simplest package deal bargains, a loose colour fold-out map, and a web listing that makes trip-planning a snap!
Read or Download Frommer's Spain 2010 PDF
Similar geography books
America’s no 1 bestselling go back and forth sequence Written via greater than one hundred seventy five outspoken tourists around the world, Frommer’s entire publications support tourists event locations the best way locals do. • extra each year up-to-date courses than the other sequence • 16-page colour part and foldout map in all annual courses • Outspoken evaluations, targeted costs, and advised itineraries • Dozens of special maps in an easy-to-read, two-color layout
Frommer's American Southwest brings you specialist insurance of recent Mexico, Arizona, Utah's nationwide parks, and Las Vegas. Our staff of authors provide you with their own recommendation on every little thing from exploring local American reservations in New Mexico to the easiest inns, eating places, purchasing, and nightlife in Las Vegas.
- Frommer's Portable Bahamas (2005) (Frommer's Portable)
- Oriental Costumes Their Designs and Colors
- Frommer's Barcelona (Frommer's Complete)
- Landscapes and Geomorphology: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
- Adventure Guide to Southeast Florida (Hunter Travel Guides)
- Holes In The Whole: Introduction to the Urban Revolutions
Extra resources for Frommer's Spain 2010
183. • Mesón Casa Colgadas, Cuenca (& 96922-35-09): Without a doubt, this is the most spectacularly situated restaurant in Spain—a “hanging house” precariously suspended over a precipice. The food is Spanish and international, with an emphasis on regional ingredients. The dishes can be ingenious, but the culinary repertoire usually includes proven classics that might have pleased your grandparents. See p. 195. • Chez Víctor , Salamanca; & 92-32131-23): In the historic center of this university town, Chez Víctor is the most glamorous Continental restaurant around.
R. Jones (Norton).
Throughout 2003, Basque terrorists, part of a separatist group (ETA), continued their campaign of terror against the government. Bombs and death tolls in 2003, including attacks in Madrid, brought the total of deaths up to 800 in this 3-decade-old campaign aimed at creating an independent Basque homeland in northern Spain and southwest France. Bombings are usually at vacation resorts, as ETA’s announced aim is to disrupt Spain’s main industry—tourism. On March 11, 2004, terrorists linked to Al Qaeda exploded 10 bombs on four trains going into Madrid from the suburbs, killing 191 passengers and injuring 1,800.