By Themistocles M. Rassias (auth.)
This quantity offers an in depth examine of a few of an important issues of present curiosity in useful equations and inequalities. matters handled contain: a Pythagorean practical equation, a practical definition of trigonometric features, the sensible equation of the sq. root spiral, a conditional Cauchy sensible equation, an iterative practical equation, the Hille-type useful equation, the polynomial-like iterative useful equation, distribution of zeros and inequalities for zeros of algebraic polynomials, a qualitative research of Lobachevsky's advanced useful equation, sensible inequalities in detailed periods of features, replicativity and serve as areas, common distributions, a few distinction equations, finite sums, decompositions of services, harmonic capabilities, set-valued quasiconvex features, the issues of expressibility in a few extensions of loose teams, Aleksandrov challenge and mappings which guard distances, Ulam's challenge, balance of a few useful equation for generalized trigonometric services, Hyers-Ulam balance of Hosszú's equation, superstability of a useful equation, and a few call for capabilities in a duopoly industry with advertisements.
Audience: This publication may be of curiosity to mathematicians and graduate scholars whose paintings consists of actual services, services of a fancy variable, useful research, necessary transforms, and operational calculus.
Read or Download Functional Equations and Inequalities PDF
Similar functional analysis books
Initially awarded as lectures, the subject of this quantity is that one reports orthogonal polynomials and targeted services no longer for his or her personal sake, yet which will use them to unravel difficulties. the writer offers difficulties instructed by way of the isometric embedding of projective areas in different projective areas, by way of the will to build huge periods of univalent features, by means of functions to quadrature difficulties, and theorems at the situation of zeros of trigonometric polynomials.
A range of a few vital themes in advanced research, meant as a sequel to the author's Classical complicated research (see previous entry). The 5 chapters are dedicated to analytic continuation; conformal mappings, univalent services, and nonconformal mappings; complete functionality; meromorphic fu
A Concise method of Mathematical research introduces the undergraduate scholar to the extra summary options of complex calculus. the most target of the booklet is to gentle the transition from the problem-solving technique of normal calculus to the extra rigorous technique of proof-writing and a deeper figuring out of mathematical research.
- Moduli in Modern Mapping Theory
- Problem Book for First Year Calculus (Problem Books in Mathematics)
- Ergodic Theorems for Group Actions: Informational and Thermodynamical Aspects
- Inverse Boundary Spectral Problems
- Oeuvres Choisies
Extra info for Functional Equations and Inequalities
19. Th. M. , Topics in Mathematical Analysis. A volume dedicated to the memory oj A. L. Cauchy, World Scientific Publishing Company, 1989. 20. Th. M. Rassias and J. Simsa, Finite Sums Decompositions in Mathematical Analysis, J. Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1995. 21. G. Strang, Eigenvalues oj Toeplitz matrices with 1 X 2 blocks, Z. Angew. Math. Mech. 76 (1996) Suppl. 2,37-39. 22. W. Yolk, Properties oj subspaces generated by an infinitely ojten differentiable junction and its translates, Z. Angew. Math.
21. J. W. Friedman. Advertising and oligopolistic equilibrium. Bell Journal of Economics, 14:464-473, 1983. 22. G. Gaudet and M. Moreaux. Price versus quantity rules in dynamic competition: The case of nonrenewable natural resources. International Economic Review, 31:639-650, 1990. 23. D. H. Hyers, G. Isac, and Th. M. Rassias. Topics in Nonlinear Analysis and Applications. , 1997. 24. D. H. Hyers, G. Isac, and Th. M. Rassias. Stability of Functional Equations in Several Variables. Birkhauser Verlag, 1998.
Wang, Characterization oj LP -solutions jor the two-scale dilation equations, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 26 (1995),1018-1046. 15. W. Lawton, S. L. Lee, and Z. Shen, Characterization oj compactly supported refinable splines, Adv. Comput. Math. 3 (1995),137-146. 16. C. Micchelli and H. Prautzsch, Unijorm refinement oj curves, Linear Algebra Appl. 114/115 (1989),841-870. 17. J. Morawiec, On continuous solution oj a problem oj R. Schilling, Results in Mathematics 27 (1995) , 381-386. 18. S. Paganoni Marzegalli, One parameter system oj junctional equations, Aeq.