By Xiangwu Zhang
"This quantity offers the elemental chemical and mathematical concept had to comprehend and regulate the connections one of the constitution, formation and houses of many differing types of artifical and typical fibers."--Publishers website
Read or Download Fundamentals of fiber science PDF
Similar polymers & textiles books
Steel foams are on the vanguard of technological improvement for the car, aerospace, and different weight-dependent industries. they're shaped by means of numerous tools, however the key side in their manufacture is the inclusion of air or different gaseous wallet within the steel constitution. the truth that gasoline wallet are found in their constitution offers an noticeable weight virtue over ordinarily forged or machined good steel parts.
Electroactive polymers (EAPs) reply to electric stimulation with huge deformations. they're dynamic actuators that have attracted realization from an interdisciplinary viewers of engineers and scientists. An allowing EAP know-how is rising which makes an attempt to mimic the homes of ordinary muscle and which, for that reason, can practice a different functionality in numerous biologically-inspired robotics purposes.
Cloth uncooked fabrics presents whole and convenient info on all periods of cloth fibers - traditional, generated and synthetic. The ebook covers a variety of points of fabric uncooked fabrics from uncomplicated creation to fibers and their features to texting and techniques of identity of cloth fibers via diverse capability.
The layout of extrusion forming instruments (dies and calibrators) is a tough job often played through the employment of experimental trial-and-error methods, that may prevent the functionality and price of the instruments, could bring up the time to marketplace of latest extruded items and restrict their complexity.
- Reversible Polymeric Gels and Related Systems
- Polymer Colloids. Science and Technology of Latex Systems
- Relating Materials Properties to Structure: Handbook and Software
- Regulation of Food Packaging in Europe and the US
- Tank Linings for Chemical Process Industries
- Rosin-based Chemicals and Polymers
Additional resources for Fundamentals of fiber science
21. Van der Waals force in polyethylene. , Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction, Seventh Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2007. , Advanced Organic Chemistry, Part A: Structure and Mechanisms, Fifth Edition, Springer, 2007. , Handbook of Textile Fibers, Vol. II. Man-Made Fibers, Fifth Edition, Woodhead Publishing Limited, 1984. , Principles of Polymer Chemistry, Cornell University Press, 1953. , Giant Molecules: Here, There, and Everywhere, Academic Press, 1997. , “Fibre Structure: Its Formation and Relation to Performance”, in Handbook of Textile Fibre Structure.
Physical Properties of Polymers, Second Edition, American Chemical Society, 1993. , Fundamentals of Polymer Science: An Introductory Text, Second Edition, Technomic, 1997. , Molecular Weight Distributions in Polymers, Wiley, 1971. , Polymer Physics, Oxford University Press, 2003. , The Elements of Polymer Science & Engineering, Third Edition, Academic Press, 1982. , 2001. , Fiber Science, Prentice Hall, 1995. PROBLEMS (1) Both polyethylene fiber and wax are essentially –CH2–. How does a polyethylene fiber differ from wax?
However, in the amorphous phase, the polymer chains still can change their conformations after the fiber formation. 11. (A) Eclipsed and staggered conformations, (B) trans and gauche conformations, and (C) potential energy of n-butane molecule. drawing of a synthetic fiber can change some single bonds from gauche to trans conformation, leading to a better aligned structure. 12) Bonding 25 where ∆E is the energy difference between the two conformations, k the Boltzmann constant, and T the absolute temperature.