By Ali A Baaj, Praveen V. Mummaneni, Juan S. Uribe, Alexander R. Vaccaro, Mark S. Greenberg
Praise for this book:
Overall, this publication presents little chance for feedback and is a gold mine of
quick reference fabric and effortless illustrations.--Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery
Drawing at the adventure of leaders in either neurosurgery and orthopedic surgical procedure, Handbook of backbone Surgery is authoritative, concise, and transportable, designed to be used in a fast moving scientific environment. Its assurance of either ideas and methods of up to date backbone surgical procedure, together with anatomy, pathology, approaches, and instrumentation, makes it hugely beneficial as a refresher sooner than surgical procedure, an simply digestible learn consultant, or a regular spouse for physicians taking good care of sufferers with spinal disorders.
- An easy-to-read, bullet-style layout that offers readable yet now not overwhelming content material
- Surgical Pearls that faucet into the reports of surgeons who've mastered that strategy
- Common medical Questions (with solutions) on the finish of every one bankruptcy that spotlight issues usually encountered within the working room and on board checks
- Superb visible examples that remove darkness from the tactics defined
- Helpful appendices that disguise positioning, spinal orthoses, and scales and end result measures
A first-of-its-kind, this guide is designed to be the go-to consultant for these carrying out and focused on surgical backbone treatment.
Read Online or Download Handbook of Spine Surgery PDF
Best orthopedics books
Driven by means of the development of biology, expertise and biomechanics, knee surgical procedure has dramatically advanced within the final many years. This booklet is a "state of the paintings" referring to all facets of knee surgical procedure from ligament reconstruction to overall Knee Arthroplasty. a world panel of popular authors have labored in this didactic absolutely illustrated publication.
This publication is dedicated to the outline of the main time-honored classifications of the main common fractures in scientific perform. This publication should be very necessary firstly for the trauma citizens but in addition for more matured trauma surgeons. for every form of fracture one or a number of classifications are defined.
This e-book is meant for novices and in the event you are looking to refresh their wisdom of the simple radioanatomy of the vertebrae, really their pathological radioanatomy. i don't fake, as does Roger Martin du Gard's hero, that one continuously needs to commence with a radiographic exam, yet I do think pupil, specially one drawn to radiology, needs to be in a position to recognize a picture remoted from its scientific context.
A hands-on, how-to technique is helping you examine concepts and scientific problem-solving talents for treating backbone and TMJ issues! Written by means of a widely known authority with reference to spinal manipulation in actual remedy, this ebook offers the data you must make sound judgements in the course of scientific interventions.
- The subject approach to information(conservative)
- Granick Surgical Wound Healing and Management
- High Yield Orthopaedics: Expert Consult - Online and Print
- Fractures of the Hand and Wrist
- Computational Biomechanics of the Wrist Joint
- A pocketbook manual of hand and upper extremity anatomy : primus manus
Additional info for Handbook of Spine Surgery
The spinal cord is supplied by the anterior spinal artery (from the vertebral arteries), two posterior spinal arteries (from either the vertebral arteries or PICA), and segmental medullary arteries. 4â•… Thoracic Spine Ryan J. Halpin and Tyler R. Koski I. Key Points –â•ﬁ The normal thoracic spine includes 12 rib-bearing vertebral segments; anatomical variations can have 11 or 13 rib-bearing segments. –â•ﬁ Compared with the cervical and lumbar spine, the motion of the thoracic spine is limited due to the osteoligamentous relationship with the rib cage.
2. An L4/L5 far lateral herniated disc will compress which nerve root? References 1. Greenberg MS. Handbook of Neurosurgery. 6th ed. New York: Thieme Medical Publishers; 2006 2. Drake RL, Vogl W, Mitchell AWM. Gray’s Anatomy for Students. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier; 2005 3. Netter FH. The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations. Volume 1: Nervous System. Part 1: Anatomy and Physiology. Teterboro, NJ: Icon Learning Systems; 1983 Answers to Common Clinical Questions 1. The superior articulating facet of the lower vertebral body 2.
8th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2000 3. Greenberg MS. Handbook of Neurosurgery. 6th ed. New York: Thieme Medical Publishers; 2005 8â•… Iâ•‡ Clinical Spine Anatomy Answers to Common Clinical Questions 1. 25 2. 27 3. HOX genes 2â•… Craniovertebral Junction Ali A. Baaj, Edwin Ramos, and Juan S. Uribe I. Key Points –â•ﬁ The craniovertebral junction (CVJ) includes the base of the occiput (O), the occipital condyles, and vertebrae C1 and C2. –â•ﬁ Principal motion at O-C1 is flexion-extension and at C1-C2 axial rotation.